Saturday, December 5, 2009

tantrums and such...

i really wanted to think of a creative title for this post but nothing really came to me...

forgive me father for i have committed LOTS of sins.
what I'm really concerned about, though, is the anger I've been experiencing over the last two days.
don't get me wrong, i am NOT, by any means, an angry person.
honestly, i get mad, like really mad, probably every 2 or 3 years.
(i get my calm-ness from my dad...he doesn't let much upset him)
anyway, so I've gotten really angry over 2 things this week.
one was one of my roommates (the only one who isn't one of my friends) was caught stealing food and water from the rest of us.
she's rarely around but she does come to smoke weed with her boyfriend and have beer pong with her boyfriend's friends and apparently to eat our food.
okay so I'm not stingy and I'm cool if you ask to have some food but here's the situation:
situation #1
i bring back 3 tamales from thanksgiving break and put them in the freezer.
i take them out a few days ago to thaw-there are 3 still in there.
two days ago i go to eat them and there is one left.
i didn't eat them-i know my friends know the rules so I'm left to think that it's her.
so due to this i throw an all out tantrum.
i mean an all out tantrum.
I'm yelling, stomping around the house, slamming every door possible and finally i just put on some really loud screaming music.
all my roommates are laughing at the spectacle but i can't help but want to punch the food thief in the face. (fortunately she wasn't there or else I'm not sure i would have been able to keep myself from hitting her)
so to let her know how i feel, i leave a very angry note on her bed.
eventually (like 30 minutes later) i come to my senses and calm down and take the note back and realize that the situation could be handled better.
but still i regretted my actions and realized how ridiculous i was being.
situation #2
I'm in a small group communication class and we have a final project to get done.
i did
n't go to ONE class and so my group is upset with me. (despite the fact that i pretty much do everything for the group anyway, and am basically the organizer and leader of the group, and all of them have missed more than one class and hardly pay attention during group meetings anyway)
so today i ask if we could move up a meeting time so that i can attend and i get two very rude text messages telling me that basically i don't get an opinion if i don't come to class.
so rather than being the bigger person and saying okay and moving on (which in retrospect obviously would have been a better choice), i feel the need to tell off the guy that sent me the text message. he responded with some immature comment that i didn't respond to.

so in both situations i could have been a lot more civil had i thought through what actually was happening. i don't know though.
i kind of regret the things i said, not because those people didn't deserve it but because I'm better than that. angry is NOT a good look on me and there really should be no room for it.
i guess i should apologize for my actions.
I'm still working on that part though. (what can i say, I'm not perfect!)

anyway...i spent about an hour making a crappy but kinda cool replica of the glee pictures but with MY picture. it's Saturday and that's what I'm doing...so cool.

i really like the song by Peter Gabriel called "In Your Eyes".
it's a super simple song but i love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment