Saturday, October 15, 2011

My current obsessions

SHE'S COUNTRY BY JASON ALDEAN

I can't even begin to describe the amount of times I've listened to this song. And I definitely won't tell you about how I keep trying to act like the girl he describes in the song. But I'm not country at all. This song is just SO GOOD!


ENGAGEMENT PHOTOS


(I couldn't post someone's picture here without feeling like a total creeper)
First off, while this is a CURRENT obsession, it is not a recent development. I have always loved looking at engagement photos, even if I don't know the couple. There's something about a perfectly placed sun glare in a photo that makes me crazy. I love when people get creative with their pictures too. Not that a couple sitting in a tall grass field in between each other isn't satisfying but when I see a picture that hasn't been done before (i.e. this really cool zombie engagement shoot I saw recently), I feel like their marriage will be better. Creativity is the key to a perfect marriage right?
There are three key things that make for a perfect engagement shoot. (1) The bride to be should wear a dress. A cute, baby doll, whimsical-ish dress. Girls in jeans are cute but girls in dresses are wife-y material. (2) The perfect amount of sun glare mixed with background blurring. I'm pretty sure those are the technical names. Those two in combination will make me weep (Assuming the couple has good photo chemistry). (3) AT LEAST ONE picture must have the bride to be looking at the camera and the husband to be looking at the bride to be. This is an essential part of having people say "Awww" when they look at your photos. If no one is saying "Awww", get your money back for those pictures IMMEDIATELY.
I'm not gonna say I want to get engaged just for the pictures but...

No comments:

Post a Comment