Sunday, February 14, 2010

i don't want to spend my life jaded

oh dear.
i know, i know.
it's valentine's day and everyone is going to be blogging about love.
(or hopefully they aren't blogging and rather they're out showing love but whatever).
sooo yesterday i saw Valentine's Day and today I saw Dear John.
two of the worst movies to see if you're single around V-Day.
but for me it really wasn't that bad.
this year i'm so not worried about my singleness or anything.
dear john definitely left me feeling kind of jaded and Valentine's Day reminded me of how Hollywood is what screwed me over in the first place.
Gosh, i remember in the beginning of Dear John thinking about how i wanted a love that was simple. I just want it to be. (and somewhere inside of me sort of wants a guy that has that sort of tortured soul that only I can understand and we really "get" each other but ew...that's so hollywood).
everything about it was just another reminder of the love that we want.
the thing is this time, i recognized the falsehood and fluffery of the movie.
i was able to pick out so many things that i've grown up thinking but now know aren't real.

which made me think, have i become so jaded towards love that i've given up on fairytale romance?
part of me is glad that's happened but the other part of me still wants that hope.
still wants the possibility of having a love that "beats the odds".

i don't know a lot of things and i sure as heck don't know much about love.
all i can go off of is the unconditional love of my savior.
and that exists.
and it's everlasting.
and it's kinda fairytale in it's own way.

maybe there's still hope for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment