Friday, February 12, 2010

learning to breathe

as i was driving home from an insane practice tonight, i was reminded of God's immense faithfulness.
he's done some serious provision for me and I'm so thankful.

we had a pickup rehearsal tonight for the show and it was crazy.
it was nice though to see everyone after a week of nothing.
i love being around them because it reminds me of how i was in high school.
i love how all of the kids talk about what's going on in their lives and i can relate and reassure them that things always get better.
it's weird because high school seriously seems like the biggest deal when you're in it but I've come to realize (as most everyone does) that it's just a phase.
everything in high school fades and none of it matters after. absolutely none of it.

i lost 9 pounds! I'm ecstatic because I'm really working for this and I've been really good.
my dad brought home a whole cheesecake tonight though. a freakin Kahlua cheesecake.
but I'm resisting. i just want him to finish it so i don't have to see it anymore. HA!

I'm auditioning for Little Shop of Horrors on Wednesday and I'm really nervous.
it's a paid show so already there's a LOT of pressure on it as well as the fact that they had to add another audition date because so many people signed up.
it seems like a long shot because i don't have that great of a voice so I'm not sure about it.
but if i did get the part, i know i would work extremely hard and soak up every minute of it.

i visited my friends this weekend and stayed the night at my old house.
it was so great just being able to hang out and laugh like we used to and be crazy like we used to.
i miss just being around them without having to plan it.
there are a lot of things that i definitely do NOT miss though and at this point, i really think that living at home outweighs being there. as much as i love my friends, there are certain people that i very obviously learned to "put up with" for the sake of a living situation but when it really comes down to friendship, i wouldn't be devastated if it were over.
i know that's sad to say but it's true and i think recognizing it is stronger than leaving it be.
but that's another blog for another time.
all in all it was a really needed, fun time.

anyway...things are going really well for me right now and I'm praising God for every last bit of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment